Table of Content
This is a two-parts article. There are few sections here.Part One
- Preface: Test Bed
- Getting Started With Docker
- Package Management: Reading, Source Code, Get Help
- Updating System: OS Release, System Upgrade
- Package IRSI: Install, Removal, Query Search, Show Info, List File
- Dependency: Help, Dependency, Reverse Dependency, Test
- Group: Metapackage
- What's Next
- Repositories: Configuration, Add Subrepository, List Packages, Mirror
- System Wide: Installed Packages, Verify, /var/db/xbps, Available, Orphan
- History: The Log File
- Clean Up
- Build from Source
- Hold: Example, Lock, Result, Unlock
I found very few reference about repository in
Configuration can be found in
Consider check the sign.
Sub-repositories can be found as packages.
Therefore a sub-repository can be installed as package.
Do not forget to obey the official manual to synchronize
Now we can list avaliable packages from that repository.
We can adjust the mirror by changing the configuration.
System wide information.
You can query installed packages.
There is this
xbps-pkgdb --all command.
You can also examine any
.plist in this directory
- /var/db/xbps/pkgdb- * .plist
Currently, no orphan this time.
The Log File
Unfortunately, nothing in /var/log
Time after time, your cache size may growing bigger and bigger.
- /var/cache/xbps/ * .xbps
You can clean these directory. Unused package will be removed. Some other stay.
Build from Source
This part is about
First we need xtools. Later we will need qemu and gcc, or maybe proot.
Consider to go home.
Consider to change working directory.
Read The Fine Manual. As usual.
Now we should be ready to use
Unfortunately my host kernel does not support feature required by xbps-src.
Hold in xbps is pretty straightforward.
Consider a system upgrade,
we choose to hold
mc as our guinea pig example.
We can see there is no more
There are still things that I do not understand,
such as using
Thank you for reading
- Docker - Package Management Summary
- Docker - LFS Build
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Four
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Three
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Two
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part One
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Four
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Three
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Two
- Docker - Debian APT - Part One
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part Three
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part Two
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part One
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Four
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Three
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Two
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part One
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Four
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Three
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Two
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part One
- Docker - Void XBPS - Part One
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part Three
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part Two
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part One
- Docker - Crux Ports
- Distribution - Debian to Devuan Migration
- Distribution - Manjaro OpenRC to Artix Migration
- Distribution - Mageia 6 Upgrade
- File System - GRUB2 support for BTRFS
- Distribution - openSUSE Tumbleweed First Time Install
- Distribution - Fedora First Time Install
- Distribution - Manjaro OpenRC Issues
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017