Table of Content
This is a two-parts article. There are few sections here.Part One
- Preface: Test Bed
- Getting Started With Docker
- Package Management: Reading, Source Code, Get Help
- Updating System: OS Release, System Upgrade
- Package IRSI: Install, Removal, Query Search, Show Info, List File
- Dependency: Help, Dependency, Reverse Dependency, Test
- Group: Metapackage
- What's Next
- Repositories: Configuration, Add Subrepository, List Packages, Mirror
- System Wide: Installed Packages, Verify, /var/db/xbps, Available, Orphan
- History: The Log File
- Clean Up
- Build from Source
- Hold: Example, Lock, Result, Unlock
Goal: Examine Package Manager, Focus on Command Line Interface
Void Linux is so interesting
Void has their own package manager, named XBPS.
Void is using runit, as alternative init to systemd, sysvinit, or openrc.
This container is built using
Operating System: Artix (OpenRC )
Window Manager: Herbstluftwm
Since we are going to use docker again, you can read a common overview here.
Of course you can use virtualization, the issue is distraction. We need to avoid tendency to focus on GUI tools. At the same time, limiting the scope to CLI tools. Most of the time, CLI tools is considered lower level than the GUI one.
Getting Started With Docker
As usual, first, we do attach docker process.
Void Linux use The X Binary Package System (XBPS) as package management.
Read the fine manual.
First Thing First
First thing to do is updating my system as usual.
Install, Remove, Search, Info, File
Read the fine manual.
Package Query Search
Package Show Info
Listing files in particular package.
There is this file owner command.
There are two main topics in dependency, dependency itself, and reverse dependency. Beside these two, there are other topic as well, such as managing conflict that we do not cover here.
Package that required by: such as man-db need groff and other.
This dependency information can be achieved by
-x or code>-Rx</code> command.
This will show required parts of the package.
Package that require: such as groff needed by man or other.
This reverse dependency require
man-db first before removing
fish-shell also depends on
I cannot find any reference about group in XBPS. I guess there is no group concept in XBPS.
However you can use
combined with this cheap search tricks.
xbps is rarely used.
Consider finish reading [ Part Two ].
Thank you for reading
- December 2017
- Docker - Package Management Summary
- Docker - LFS Build
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Four
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Three
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Two
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part One
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Four
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Three
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Two
- Docker - Debian APT - Part One
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part Three
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part Two
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part One
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Four
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Three
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Two
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part One
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Four
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Three
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Two
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part One
- Docker - Void XBPS - Part Two
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part Three
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part Two
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part One
- Docker - Crux Ports
- Distribution - Debian to Devuan Migration
- Distribution - Manjaro OpenRC to Artix Migration
- Distribution - Mageia 6 Upgrade
- File System - GRUB2 support for BTRFS
- Distribution - openSUSE Tumbleweed First Time Install
- Distribution - Fedora First Time Install
- Distribution - Manjaro OpenRC Issues
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017