This is one topic of a package management diversity series.
This is a two-parts article. There are few sections here.
- Preface: Test Bed
- Getting Started With Docker
- Package Management: Portage Frontend, Get Help
- Updating System: OS Release, webrsync, Update, Manually, More
- Package IRSI: Install, Confirmation, Ambiguous, Download, Removal, Query Search, Show Info
- What's Next
- Dependency: Dependency, Reverse Dependency, Pretend, Verify
- Group: Metapackages, Sets
- System Wide: emerge, revdep-rebuild, Upgradables, Installed, Recent, Obsolete
- Package: Building Package, Extract
- History: The Log File
- Clean Up
- What's Next
- Interesting Tools: Equery, Layman, Eix
- Repository: Adding, Configuration, List Overlays, Removal, Synchronize, List Packages
- Mirror: Install, Select Mirror, Configuration, Test
- Hold Package: Example, Before Mask, Configuration, After Mask
I do think that these tools are what I need.
There are a lot of interesting stuff in package site.
Diffing local ebuild.
First Thing First, as usual.
In Funtoo this wouldlook a little bit different.
I do not know how it looks in Zentoo.
Gentoo has repository concept called
or in short called
Overlay is additional ebuild outside the main package tree.
This is a list of overlay.
There is an ebuild repository frontend called
Adding overlay is pretty straightforward.
Now xwing has been added to the
Consider have a look at the provided path.
List available overlays. This will produce long list.
List installed overlays.
Overlay removal is also straightforward.
We can use
eix to list packages.
No need to check out
First we have to
This is basic operation for ebuild repository.
It is enough for preview.
We are done.
Mirror can be configured in
Now we have new Mirror
Portage hold package using package.mask configuration.
app-text/docbook-xml-dtd as our guinea pig example.
This is the result before mask.
- Latest version available: 4.5-r1
Limit version to: 4.1.2-r6
Consider have a look at comparation below.
This is the result after mask.
- Latest version available: 4.1.2-r6
The fact that this article only takes three parts,
compared to other four-parts article,
show my lack of knowledge.
I just feel that I’m not afraid to use emerge.
Portage is not scary at all.
Thank you for reading