I did migration to Artix Linux just five days after the announcement.
The world spinning so fast. Suddenly Manjaro-OpenRC become discontinued, and morphing into new distro called Artix Linux.
Artix Linux has stronger focus on init. Not just OpenRC but other init as well such as runit and sheperd.
The migration done smoothly
After migation, Artix works well. Just like Manjaro-OpenRC. I see no difference.
Follow The Development
No do not follow the rabbit. But follow the octocat github instead.
Artix Linux, formerly Manjaro-OpenRC.
Not that I need spoonfeeding. I just need to know more about this repository.
(1) Official Site
Jekyll: I understand, I have my own github dot io
PKGBUILD: No clue
I guess it has soemthing to do with ABS to create repository automatically.
(3) Development and build tools by artoo
artools: No Clue
I guess it is something cool from the official Manjaro-OpenRC maintainer.
(4) Other Stuff
VCS-GIT: no clue
Also this Cromnix Repository.
Official BBS Forum.
Just my personal note.
Guidance. Please read this first. You should follow the official guidance.
And this is from bash history. With little differences. This is my personal note.
Setup Repository, Mirror, and Keyring
Migrating from Manjaro
I have Perl dependency problem while doing this below, different with guidance. I have to remove some packages manually. And added later after installation completed.
After manual removal, continue using the guidance.
My Personal Preferences
Now it works well sir ! After reboot still well.
Screenshot: Emerge in LXC
OS: Artix Linux (formerly Manjaro-OpenRC)
Window Manager: HerbstluftWM
Wallpaper: Original Wallpaper
This is how I managed my own issues. Troubleshooting helps you understand your system.
Do not be afraid of issues.
As I said, I did migration to Artix Linux just five days after the announcement. Most of the problems fixed in just few days.
Everything works well. Except for these two things
Some package lagged behind upstream, such as Perl. This normally fixed within few days.
Docker has not work yet. This is a kernel issue.
(1) Dependency problem
Most are part of Perl dependency problem (perl < 5.25).
This has been solved after waiting for three days. Perl upgraded to 5.26.
(2) Docker OpenRC Crash
There is a kernel issue. After waiting for three days. It finally works normally.
(3) No official Jekyll packages yet.
Takes time to propagate all packages to repository. Meanwhile, there are AUR’s packages.
Jekyll works well in Artix.
This section, written in September 2017, About seven weeks after my Artix installation.
"Arch Linux Derivatives"
Data Taken: 2017-09-23 03 AM UTC 07:00
- 58520 Downloads
- 17689 Downloads
- 5709 Downloads
- 5301 Downloads
Summer 2016 we have gone systemd free, we now ship with OpenRC init system
- 696 Downloads
KaOSx is not an Arch Derivatives.
- 474 Downloads
- 277 Downloads
- 117 Downloads
- 47 Downloads
- 0 Downloads
- 0 Downloads
Not available in Sourceforge
Surprisingly Artix is very Popular, but KaOSx is not.
I haven’t found other bug yet with Artix Linux. Everything seems to be allright. If there is a bug, it is okay. Relax… this is a new distro.
I can wait. Just be Patient.
Thank you for reading
- December 2017
- Docker - Package Management Summary
- Docker - LFS Build
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Four
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Three
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part Two
- Docker - Arch ALPM - Part One
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Four
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Three
- Docker - Debian APT - Part Two
- Docker - Debian APT - Part One
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part Three
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part Two
- Docker - Slackware Package - Part One
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Four
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Three
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part Two
- Docker - Fedora DNF - Part One
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Four
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Three
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part Two
- Docker - openSUSE Zypper - Part One
- Docker - Void XBPS - Part Two
- Docker - Void XBPS - Part One
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part Three
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part Two
- Docker - Gentoo Portage - Part One
- Docker - Crux Ports
- Distribution - Debian to Devuan Migration
- Distribution - Mageia 6 Upgrade
- File System - GRUB2 support for BTRFS
- Distribution - openSUSE Tumbleweed First Time Install
- Distribution - Fedora First Time Install
- Distribution - Manjaro OpenRC Issues
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017