Since Jekyll is available in Official Debian repository, Jekyll Installation on Debian is Easy. Just issue this command to install system wide Jekyll gem, and Debian will take care of Jekyll’s dependencies.
Let’s not make this guidance too short, and play for a while.
To check whether Ruby installed or not, you can issue dpkg command in your shell..
If you are using
ruby* instead of just
there will be bunch of ruby packages coming in the list.
Installing Jekyll in Debian means installing Jekyll Official Plugin. Although you might not need them, it has its advantage. You don’t need to worry about missing plugin while cloning a blog from github.
Let’s see if Jekyll works
Prepare your directory. And run Jekyll in your directory.
You will see, some new directory and files required to run a simple Jekyll Blog.
You should see the site in your favorite browser running on port 4000.
Thank you for reading.
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Install Awesome WM in Debian
- Install Awesome WM in Arch Linux based Distribution
- Jekyll Installation on Arch/Manjaro
- Install Yaourt, the AUR Helper
- Using Git for Daily Repo Updating
- Analyze Services in Linux Boot Process
- Create Your Own Monitoring Script
- Step by Step Guidance to be a Webcoder
- The Difference Between DE, Shell, WM and Compositor
- Elapsed Time, Yet Another Jekyll Liquid Port
- Create Stripes Using Inkscape to Decorate Blog Post
- Jekyll Post Archives Without Plugin
- Meet Our Friend, Regular Expression
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016