It is common in a blog, not to write the calendar date of the post, but rather elapsed time (e.g some time ago). I found a good PHP script years ago, cryptic using array and loop. Looks smart, and efficient.
Now I’m using liquid. Liquid is not a scripting language, but rather a templating Engine. A templating engine is designed to have a very limited capability. Liquid in Jekyll does not support array constructor. So I have a porting problem here.
Again, let’s rewrite. KISS. Keep the code simple and stupid.
From PHP to Jekyll Liquid.
Original PHP Script:
Jekyll Liquid Port:
You can examine both script, and see how a different approach can be achieved from just one idea. The code looks entirely altered now.
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Install Awesome WM in Debian
- Install Awesome WM in Arch Linux based Distribution
- Jekyll Installation on Debian
- Jekyll Installation on Arch/Manjaro
- Install Yaourt, the AUR Helper
- Using Git for Daily Repo Updating
- Analyze Services in Linux Boot Process
- Create Your Own Monitoring Script
- Step by Step Guidance to be a Webcoder
- The Difference Between DE, Shell, WM and Compositor
- Create Stripes Using Inkscape to Decorate Blog Post
- Jekyll Post Archives Without Plugin
- Meet Our Friend, Regular Expression
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016