Common questions. What monads are ? What monads can do ? How a monad behaves ? What Monads are good for?
Monad make, different functions composable, by boxing both input and output.
This is the simplified answer, using intuitive analogy.
The Monad Cursed Myth
It was stated that Monad are Cursed. The moment that it clicks and you understand what it means, you are suddenly incapable of explaining it anyone else. Monad is an abstraction, that is why it is so hard to be explained. Many smart people has done explaining Monad by definition in Stackoverflow. All we need is real code example.
This tutorial/ guidance/ article is one of some parts.
References: About Monad.
Examining Bind: Bind
>>=operator. Hello World Example.
<$>operators. Personal Notes. Example using Number.
Monadic Operator: Fish
The first one is overview, then some references. The last three parts is all about Example Code.
We have been doing it in
Don't be Panic
Thank you for Reading.
- July 2017
- June 2017
- Examining Bind in Haskell: Do Notation
- Examining Bind in Haskell: Example using Number
- Examining Bind in Haskell: Hello World
- Explaining Monad: References
- Loop in Haskell With Map, Part Three
- Loop in Haskell With Map, Part Two
- Loop in Haskell With Map, Part One
- Loop in Haskell With Map, Overview
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in Haskell
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in Lua
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in PHP
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in Ruby
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in Python
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in Perl
- Modularized HerbstluftWM in BASH
- Modularized HerbstluftWM Overview
- April 2017